As an approved institution for federal education benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Nebraska Wesleyan University welcomes veterans and their eligible dependents. All of our undergraduate and graduate programs are approved for students admitted to Nebraska Wesleyan and eligible for a GI Bill. NWU is also pleased to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program* for our undergraduate students.
Steps to Receive Benefits:
- Student must establish eligibility for education benefits from the Veterans Administration. Apply online at: //www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/ (form 22-1990 or form 22-1990e).
- If student used benefits at another institution, a (form 22-1995 or 22-5495 for Chapter 35) is required. Questions may be directed to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 888.442.4551 or at gibill.va.gov.
- When approved for education benefits, student will receive a Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA. Send a copy of this along with a completed NWU VA Information Form (PDF) to:
- Registrar's Office
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 St. Paul Ave.
Lincoln, NE 68504
EMAIL: registrar [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
- Registrar's Office
- Read VA Certification Information (PDF) for important details about enrollment rules and the certification process at NWU.
* The Yellow Ribbon Program provides additional financial assistance to eligible Chapter 33 students (Post 9/11 GI Bill ~ 100% eligibility) for the difference between net tuition and fees and the amount of reimbursement approved by the VA. NWU will assist up to 50 Yellow Ribbon-eligible students who are admitted to and enrolled in an undergraduate degree program. If the annual Post 9/11 maximum cap amount ($22,805.34 for 2017-2018) does not cover the year's net tuition and fees, NWU will provide Yellow Ribbon financial assistance, matched by the VA, up to $5,000.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.